AGE REQUIREMENTS: minimum 18 years of age
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: English or Danish
In Team FLOKKR, we are currently looking for volunteers for the construction team, who will help create the FLOKKR stage and FLOKKR's backstage area in the week leading up to the start of the festival. We need volunteers who are practically inclined, are not afraid to take action and who have a positive attitude! It is a HUGE plus if you have a telescopic loader certificate, and it’s also a plus if you have a regular driver's license. If you are what we're looking for, then read on!
If you can’t get enough of Roskilde Festival and would like to move into the festival a week before the festival area opens to help build the FLOKKR stage, then come and join our construction team. We move into the area on 18 June, where we build, paint, and have fun for a week until the festival area opens on 25 June, as well as take it down again on 3 July + 4 July. In other words, you will put in your volunteer effort before and after the festival.
FLOKKR is Roskilde Festival's small community hall; it is located in the camping area and forms the setting for lots of debates, talks and smaller events, which are often arranged in collaboration with a number of NGO’s working for a better world. FLOKKR has scheduled programming during the first days of the festival (also known as the warm-up days).
As part of FLOKKR's construction team, you will help get the stage up and running, together with about 15 other amazing volunteers on the construction team. We will hold a short information meeting on 14 June in Copenhagen with pizza and beer/soda.
YOUR PRIMARY TASKS
Before the festival starts, 18 June – 25 June:
- Help build the FLOKKR stage and FLOKKR's backstage area
- Ensure an awesome team spirit and a comfortable volunteer environment
When the festival is over, 3 July + 4 July:
- Take down the FLOKKR stage and FLOKKR's backstage area
WE EXPECT THAT YOU
- Have the motivation to build something in collaboration with other people; experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- Thrive with concentrated work in a cozy and informal environment.
- Will put in your volunteer effort intensively throughout the week leading up to the start of the festival (from Saturday 18 June to Saturday 25 June, after which the camping area will be open to festivalgoers). Additionally, also Sunday 3 July and Monday 4 July, when FLOKKR has to be taken down. This means that the effort is 100+ hours, and you will get the role of "co-creator", which comes with a number of benefits.
- Have lots of drive, can create a good atmosphere and support social initiatives and crazy ideas.
- Opportunity of accommodation in collective site huts together with the rest of the team at the camping area "Målfeltet" for passionate volunteers, or accommodation in the Volunteer Camping area.
- Catering equal to the execution of the task throughout the period from 18 June to 4 July. Full catering throughout the week of construction, as well as meal and drink vouchers for the festival stands during the festival week.
- T-shirt + gift for passionate volunteers, as well as invitation to the annual party.
- Opportunity to exchange 1 Full Festival Ticket for zone 8 or exchange a 1-Day Ticket for zone 8 (you can get one friend with a festival ticket into the same zones as you have access to).
As a volunteer in Team FLOKKR, you will be part of a small but passionate and enthusiastic team. Team FLOKKR is based in East City and is part of the division Byplan og Produktion (City Planning and Production).
Send a short description of yourself, previous relevant experience, as well as your motivation for applying to: HR Manager for FLOKKR, Frederikke de Lichtenberg by email: email@example.com. Please include whether you have a regular driver's license, a telescopic loader certificate or would like to take a one-week telescopic loader course at the beginning of June (paid for by Roskilde Festival).