This is what you need to know


Travelling from abroad and want to volunteer? Wait no longer - you are more than welcome at Roskilde Festival. But before you apply there are a few things you need to be aware of.


Citizens from EU/EEA

As a citizen from the EU countries and Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland you are automatically allowed to volunteer in Denmark.


Citizens from outside of EU/EEA

As a citizen from any other country outside of the EU/EEA-countries, you have to have a valid work permit in Denmark to volunteer at the festival. 

Due to Danish laws it is not possible to apply for a work permit solely with the aim of volunteering at Roskilde Festival. You therefore have to have the work permit before applying for a volunteer position.

Please, check with The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI), if you need a permit to volunteer or work in Denmark. The process of getting a permit is long, and we therefore advise you to look thoroughly into the process before applying.


Citizens from the UK

As the situation is right now, citizens from the UK can volunteer at Roskilde Festival. But due to the current political situation regarding Brexit, this might change in the future.


International students in Denmark

If you are studying at a university in Denmark, you automatically also have a valid work permit that allows you to volunteer.

International students studying in Denmark at a lower education level, such as youth education, trainee ship, or basic training, are NOT permitted to work in Denmark and therefore, need to apply for a work permit under the same conditions as citizens from outside of the EU/EEA - of course not if you are from the EU/EEA.


Working Holiday Agreement

If you are between the age of 18 and 31 (36 for Canadians) and from Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea you can apply for a Working Holiday Agreement – and this will also provide you with the opportunity to volunteer. However, please note that the processing time for an application is up to 3 months.

The agreement means that you, as a young citizen from one of these countries, can be granted a permit to stay in Denmark for up to 1 year. Learn more here:


More information?

Do you need more information about volunteering? Check out this page.

If you have any questions regarding being an international volunteers, send an email to